Thursday, October 23, 2008

What is your favourite book and why?

My all time favorite book is The Giver by Lois Lowry. I read this book my freshman year in high school. The book set in a future society which is at first presented as a Utopia then appears more as an anti-Utopian. The main character is Jonas he lives in this utopia and is selected to learn about the real world. The giver becomes his teacher and telepathically gives him things that aren't in his world; like color, sadness, love, family, and violence. Jonas begins to to realize what he is missing out on and leaves the community. I thought it was a great book and it was the first real book that i read. There was something about the book that i just really liked. The teacher really helped me understand the book and got me into reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved that book. Loved it.